The 18th century Belvedere The University of Pennsylvania Historic Preservation program’s three week Site Management, Interpretation and Conservation Praxis in May-June has been situated at Powderham Castle, ancestral home of the Earl of Devon on the south coast of England.  With Penn colleagues Laura Keim and Randall Mason, Pamela helped 10 first-year grad students document… Read more »

Garth Rockcastle, Doug Reed, Rob Rogers and Ann Beha discuss their approaches to design in historic settings with moderator Winka Dubbeldam, Chair of the Architecture Department at Penn Design (left to right). Courtesy of PennDesign. Over 170 people registered for the Design + Heritage Symposium co-sponsored by the Graduate Program in Historic Preservation at PennDesign… Read more »

The Richmond Station, located along the Delaware River north of center city Philadelphia, was designed by architect John T. Windrim and engineer W.E. R. Elgin. The mammoth classical revival structure came into service in 1925. Its vaulted, clear span Turbine Hall, measuring 315 feet x 123 feet by an average of 125 feet high, has… Read more »